I just bought a new forclosed house from belly up developer.
The house has a great deck on back, but all the post are placed on concrete footings underground. All posts are about 3' below ground and are all 2' or more ( depending on the location ) above ground. Each of the posts are 6" X 3". My house is in Atlanta, GA.
I am concerned that the part of all the post that are underground are going to get infested with terimites and or other rot.
What are some possible solutions?
1) Do I dig a hole around each post to the concrete footing and then pour concrete around the post to the ground level?
2) Do I dig a hole around each post to the concrete footing and then paint or epoxy the posts to the ground level?
3) Do I dig a hole around each post to the concrete footing and then just pour gravel around the post to the ground level?
4) Just dig up all the post, and replace them?
5) Just do nothing, and then do something when the wood rots or gets eatten by termites?
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries