I just bought a new forclosed house from belly up developer.
The house has a great deck on back, but all the post are placed on concrete footings underground. All posts are about 3' below ground and are all 2' or more ( depending on the location ) above ground. Each of the posts are 6" X 3". My house is in Atlanta, GA.
I am concerned that the part of all the post that are underground are going to get infested with terimites and or other rot.
What are some possible solutions?
1) Do I dig a hole around each post to the concrete footing and then pour concrete around the post to the ground level?
2) Do I dig a hole around each post to the concrete footing and then paint or epoxy the posts to the ground level?
3) Do I dig a hole around each post to the concrete footing and then just pour gravel around the post to the ground level?
4) Just dig up all the post, and replace them?
5) Just do nothing, and then do something when the wood rots or gets eatten by termites?
second story deck or double decker
planting bed against North wall of zone 4 home
Rotten 6x6 post in Concrete
HOW DO I REMOVE DECK PAINT FROM INDOOR PINE FLOORS
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools