I just bought a new forclosed house from belly up developer.
The house has a great deck on back, but all the post are placed on concrete footings underground. All posts are about 3' below ground and are all 2' or more ( depending on the location ) above ground. Each of the posts are 6" X 3". My house is in Atlanta, GA.
I am concerned that the part of all the post that are underground are going to get infested with terimites and or other rot.
What are some possible solutions?
1) Do I dig a hole around each post to the concrete footing and then pour concrete around the post to the ground level?
2) Do I dig a hole around each post to the concrete footing and then paint or epoxy the posts to the ground level?
3) Do I dig a hole around each post to the concrete footing and then just pour gravel around the post to the ground level?
4) Just dig up all the post, and replace them?
5) Just do nothing, and then do something when the wood rots or gets eatten by termites?
second story deck or double decker
planting bed against North wall of zone 4 home
Rotten 6x6 post in Concrete
HOW DO I REMOVE DECK PAINT FROM INDOOR PINE FLOORS
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 10 Welcoming Front Door Paint Colors
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Simple Projects for Beginning Woodworkers