I just bought a new forclosed house from belly up developer.
The house has a great deck on back, but all the post are placed on concrete footings underground. All posts are about 3' below ground and are all 2' or more ( depending on the location ) above ground. Each of the posts are 6" X 3". My house is in Atlanta, GA.
I am concerned that the part of all the post that are underground are going to get infested with terimites and or other rot.
What are some possible solutions?
1) Do I dig a hole around each post to the concrete footing and then pour concrete around the post to the ground level?
2) Do I dig a hole around each post to the concrete footing and then paint or epoxy the posts to the ground level?
3) Do I dig a hole around each post to the concrete footing and then just pour gravel around the post to the ground level?
4) Just dig up all the post, and replace them?
5) Just do nothing, and then do something when the wood rots or gets eatten by termites?
second story deck or double decker
planting bed against North wall of zone 4 home
Rotten 6x6 post in Concrete
HOW DO I REMOVE DECK PAINT FROM INDOOR PINE FLOORS
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs