I just bought a new forclosed house from belly up developer.
The house has a great deck on back, but all the post are placed on concrete footings underground. All posts are about 3' below ground and are all 2' or more ( depending on the location ) above ground. Each of the posts are 6" X 3". My house is in Atlanta, GA.
I am concerned that the part of all the post that are underground are going to get infested with terimites and or other rot.
What are some possible solutions?
1) Do I dig a hole around each post to the concrete footing and then pour concrete around the post to the ground level?
2) Do I dig a hole around each post to the concrete footing and then paint or epoxy the posts to the ground level?
3) Do I dig a hole around each post to the concrete footing and then just pour gravel around the post to the ground level?
4) Just dig up all the post, and replace them?
5) Just do nothing, and then do something when the wood rots or gets eatten by termites?
second story deck or double decker
Our Fence Posts Rotted, But Our Fence Boards Are Sti...
Rotten 6x6 post in Concrete
planting bed against North wall of zone 4 home
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!