anybody know how to remover stucco slops off new decking? it's white colored stucco and dark brown trex. been on the deck boards about 3 months in the ca. sun and just does not want to come off. please , any suggestions? we have about 1600 sq. feet of it; big problem
I live in Oregon and the block spotting appeared after only 1 year. I've tried bleach & mild cleaning products but they don't do much to help. The deck looks cleaner, but the spots still persist. What cleaning products work best? This is a new home with a 10 year warranty. Has anyone successfully gotten coverage under that warranty?
This helps me make up my mind NOT to go with Trex decking material. Too many mold issues to suit me. Thank you all for your time in delivering a loud message to those of us seeking to make life a little easier with our outside living spaces.
I was in the process of putting together my materials list for a Trex composite deck when I found this thread. I feel bad for those of you that have experienced these issues, and I am grateful that you shared your stories as well. Are these issues isolated to the Trex brand or is this common with composite materials? I have to rethink my approach.
Thank you all for posting about the molding issues. Like so many others, I am looking to replace my deck...but won't be doing it with Trex!
Thank you all for your posts I will not be using Trex for my new build in the middle of the base and railing supports Thank you all again and sorry for your loss this stuff is very expensive .
I've had tree deck for 7 years. No mold but mildew in shade areas. I have had success with power wash but would like a coating if it is available. Can you recommend anything to alleviate the problem?
Glad I came across this site. We were going to use Trex Deck for our porch but after reading these reviews we definitely will not. Thank you all for sharing your reviews!
My Trex deck is two years old and has the same black spotting that's been referenced here. Nothing I've tried has helped remove this problem. As a retired widow, I just wasn't able to maintain my original wood deck. When I contacted Lowe's about a Trex replacement, I really thought twice when the price was quoted (I could have bought a car for the same cost). I which I had known about this site before my purchase. Don't think I'd have gone through with it. Doesn't anyone make a reputable product anymore?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes