I installed 500 sf of Trex Accents Saddle composite decking for a client in April of 2013. Within 6 months it started to mildew. The client cleaned the deck with the Trex recommended deck cleaner and it stayed clean for about a week. Then the mildew stains returned.
I contacted my supplier who put me in touch with their Trex rep. The rep walked me through the process of making a claim. We sent all of the paperwork, sent them samples of the material we used, took photos...they flat out denied the claim.
I will NEVER use Trex products again.
A trex deck I had installed approx. 7 years ago at my mothers home in Washington state has not only discolored, molded, warped,and peeled, it is disentegrating into sawdust. In total, this deck cost me $20,000.00!! Trex is offering to replace the materials! and give me .18 per foot towards the cost of construction. Me living out of state, (in California) my mother passing away in Nov of 2010 has put me into a position of traveling back and forth, checking on the status of this deck. Sooooo now I have to pay to have this deck removed, and this deck replaced due to their faulty product. I am out $20,000.00 no matter which way I go. Advice??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 9 Things You Never Thought to Paint—But Should
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Storage Where You Least Expected It
- 9 Best Lighting Picks for Your Bedroom
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- 10 Alternatives to a Traditional Home Office