I installed 500 sf of Trex Accents Saddle composite decking for a client in April of 2013. Within 6 months it started to mildew. The client cleaned the deck with the Trex recommended deck cleaner and it stayed clean for about a week. Then the mildew stains returned.
I contacted my supplier who put me in touch with their Trex rep. The rep walked me through the process of making a claim. We sent all of the paperwork, sent them samples of the material we used, took photos...they flat out denied the claim.
I will NEVER use Trex products again.
A trex deck I had installed approx. 7 years ago at my mothers home in Washington state has not only discolored, molded, warped,and peeled, it is disentegrating into sawdust. In total, this deck cost me $20,000.00!! Trex is offering to replace the materials! and give me .18 per foot towards the cost of construction. Me living out of state, (in California) my mother passing away in Nov of 2010 has put me into a position of traveling back and forth, checking on the status of this deck. Sooooo now I have to pay to have this deck removed, and this deck replaced due to their faulty product. I am out $20,000.00 no matter which way I go. Advice??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!