WELL, It seems like there are many of us with the same exact problem! I too spent $10,000 in the spring of 2009 for the desert bronze timbertech around the one side of my semi-inground pool. OMG, in one year it had faded to nothing in certain areas and black stains would not come out in other areas (I have no idea what the stains were from) I took pictures and complained and the same deal, they sent me the DeckMax. It was some job to do every RUNG and RAILING, not to mention the deck itself. The reason I found this website was because I went online to order more DeckMax! I have had to constantly redo large areas and then the rest of it looks like hell. I'm going straight to the website and signing up for the class action suit. Thank you for making me feel like I'm not the only consumer who got royally screwed with this product.
I wish I had found this website earlier, but I was one of the first "early adopters" of the TimberTech product. When it turned hazy white I too was connected with TimberTech (not the retailer who sold me the product) and was sent DeckMAX. Today I applied my 2nd DeckMAX one year later, and it is loosing it's power. I have white hazing as well as green and black in different areas of the deck. I too paid a premium price for a maintenance free deck. I got online to figure out my next step. Please include me in any class action. Meanwhile I'll fight the battle on my own as well and see where I get.
11815 SW Wildwood St.
Tigard, OR 97224
11815 SW Wildwood St.
Tigard, OR 97224
I am having a problem with whiting of my xlm desert bronze timbertech deck. In fact, when they first put it in not only does it scratch very easily, it turns white in spots for no reason. I applied a second Deck Max coat and it fixed the problem but this year I re applied the Deck Max enhanced again after washing the deck and for no reason whatsoever after I treated the deck a large area of it turned white. I am frustrated with this company and don't understand why they won't just pay to replace the deck with wood, because wood is less expensive. I really wish there was a way to get satisfaction I am outraged at this decking material and the problems I have been having with this low maintenance deck.
Definitely do not purchase this decking. I am having the same problem as everyone here. After a year my deck has white marks on almost every other board. I reached out to a TimberTech east coast rep. He indicated to me that the uneven oxidation of the decking is completely normal for their product, EVEN after only 12 months. It is all depending on the exposure to sun, climate, etc. When I indicated that while I completely understand that no product should be expected to look new forever, I felt that the fact that some are white and some look new indicates that there may be defective product to blame. He indicated that also was to be expected. That is NOT expected in a product that doesn't advertise this much maintenance. If I knew I had to cover my deck in Deck Max this frequently and uneven "oxidation" was going to occur I would of definitely NOT purchased this product. I'm extremely dissatisfied with Timber Tech and their ability to rectify the situation. DO NOT BUY TIMBER TECH.
I didn't realize how many people have this same problem. Ours didn't turn white but faded horrible. Now it is cracking! I have 7500.00 in this product and I am very upset!!
I am looking at purchasing Timber Tech deck materials to re-deck around our house. I was going to use two shades of gray (pardon the pun). Has Timber Tech resolved the white/chalky look of the boards so a 2013 buyer will be satisfied? Just wondering.
I have a second deck that is turning white first one turned black and white they replaced it with the XML less than two years later it is turning white I am so upset have a brand new house on the lake it is very upsetting
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes