Our timbertech deck was installed one year ago in July 2009. In June and July 2010 the planks are turning black. They appear to be scorched by the sun. They look burnt. This is not something that can be washed away. Today I contacted the manufacturer to file a warranty claim. This product is an expensive failure. Our contractor will never install this product again.
I have the same problem, put on the deck last June and over the past month more than half of my deck has turnded black, seems to simply have been scorched by the sun. I tried to clean to no avail and called Timber Tech today to file a claim. Seems there are many posts by folks with this related problem, so I find it hard to believe that the manufacturer was not aware of this issue. Needless to say I am extremely angry and am anxious to see what Timber Tech's response is.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!