Our timbertech deck was installed one year ago in July 2009. In June and July 2010 the planks are turning black. They appear to be scorched by the sun. They look burnt. This is not something that can be washed away. Today I contacted the manufacturer to file a warranty claim. This product is an expensive failure. Our contractor will never install this product again.
I have the same problem, put on the deck last June and over the past month more than half of my deck has turnded black, seems to simply have been scorched by the sun. I tried to clean to no avail and called Timber Tech today to file a claim. Seems there are many posts by folks with this related problem, so I find it hard to believe that the manufacturer was not aware of this issue. Needless to say I am extremely angry and am anxious to see what Timber Tech's response is.
installed 2000' ft of timber tech in 2011. by 2012 it started turning black in spots( looks like someone sprayed oil on it) timber tech has been jerking me around saying it's surface mold. the dealer i bought it from has tried to help me with zero results.they refuse to sell timber tech anymore.the company gave me two different cleaning products which didn't work. the funny thing is i ran short on installation (original purchase was one lift of 92 20'boards same lot..i bought a couple more 20' boards a few months later and these have remained good looking while installed next to the bad ones! i contacted a lawyer in pa. who is putting together a class action suit because of the way i have been treated by timber tech. i have sent before and after pictures using there cleaners and scrubbed also. at wits end with these crooks!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects