Our timbertech deck was installed one year ago in July 2009. In June and July 2010 the planks are turning black. They appear to be scorched by the sun. They look burnt. This is not something that can be washed away. Today I contacted the manufacturer to file a warranty claim. This product is an expensive failure. Our contractor will never install this product again.
I have the same problem, put on the deck last June and over the past month more than half of my deck has turnded black, seems to simply have been scorched by the sun. I tried to clean to no avail and called Timber Tech today to file a claim. Seems there are many posts by folks with this related problem, so I find it hard to believe that the manufacturer was not aware of this issue. Needless to say I am extremely angry and am anxious to see what Timber Tech's response is.
installed 2000' ft of timber tech in 2011. by 2012 it started turning black in spots( looks like someone sprayed oil on it) timber tech has been jerking me around saying it's surface mold. the dealer i bought it from has tried to help me with zero results.they refuse to sell timber tech anymore.the company gave me two different cleaning products which didn't work. the funny thing is i ran short on installation (original purchase was one lift of 92 20'boards same lot..i bought a couple more 20' boards a few months later and these have remained good looking while installed next to the bad ones! i contacted a lawyer in pa. who is putting together a class action suit because of the way i have been treated by timber tech. i have sent before and after pictures using there cleaners and scrubbed also. at wits end with these crooks!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!