I pd over $17,000 for a deck with 2 stairways.(we have exposed basement, so a 2nd story deck)in 2006. After only 1 year the deck was faded. 2nd yr it got mildew & a green moss or algae type growth. It gets plenty of sun so I don't know why it would get mold/algae. It's got a rough texture & is so faded now. I was just talking with my husband about cleaning & putting a clear sealer on it. The whole purpose of composite deck was to have maintainence free. I am not happy to have to maintain it! I am afraid that once I seal it, I will have to every year!
Stained rough barnwood family room. Not tong and groove
10 things you didn't know Windex could do.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!