I pd over $17,000 for a deck with 2 stairways.(we have exposed basement, so a 2nd story deck)in 2006. After only 1 year the deck was faded. 2nd yr it got mildew & a green moss or algae type growth. It gets plenty of sun so I don't know why it would get mold/algae. It's got a rough texture & is so faded now. I was just talking with my husband about cleaning & putting a clear sealer on it. The whole purpose of composite deck was to have maintainence free. I am not happy to have to maintain it! I am afraid that once I seal it, I will have to every year!
Deck was installed in 2001 and now it leaves a chalky powder on your hands when you touch it and the light grey color is black with mold. Only power washing takes off the mold but it returns year after year. I see all the boards disintegrating, they look nothing like the sample piece that I saved when the deck was first built. Correct Deck filed chapter 11, so no one to sue?
Porch deck and screened in porch all have CorrectDeck planking. Originated in 2007, mold had to be removed after the second and third winters, but never returned. Decking has retained its original condition. I could not be more pleased.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects