I wonder how pe pipe compares to cpvc pipe? I also am concerned that copper pipe leaches oxides into the water system and might contribute to certain health problems. I would appreciate comments.
Most of the studies have indicated that plastic, not copper, has caused more problems in potable water. It was the lead in the solder that created the problems with copper pipes. Solder is basically now lead free so the problem is eliminated. Besides plastic is extremely noisy. Go with copper for your drinking needs.
Wanting to change over from copper to pvc
Pipe Sizing Question / Copper/PEX
can a hot water tank cause air or gas to create nois...
Replacing Lead Drainage Pipe
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!