I wonder how pe pipe compares to cpvc pipe? I also am concerned that copper pipe leaches oxides into the water system and might contribute to certain health problems. I would appreciate comments.
Most of the studies have indicated that plastic, not copper, has caused more problems in potable water. It was the lead in the solder that created the problems with copper pipes. Solder is basically now lead free so the problem is eliminated. Besides plastic is extremely noisy. Go with copper for your drinking needs.
Wanting to change over from copper to pvc
Pipe Sizing Question / Copper/PEX
can a hot water tank cause air or gas to create nois...
Replacing Lead Drainage Pipe
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight