Am looking for designs for bathrooms that will fit under the slant of a kneewall in the second floor of a 1 1/2 story cape. We have to work around a large overhead beam (purloin?) and the two vertical supports that hold it up...as well as not being able to put drain pipes under the subflooring (would have to cut through some large - and probably really important structural beams which we're not willing to do!). Have about given up any idea of having a shower upstairs, but if anyone does know of good design sites, or has an idea that might work - I'd love to hear it... Thanks!
I do not know the layout of your house, however, it may be advisable to revise your thinking as to the location you are choosing. There must be some way to locate the equipment closer to the main stack pipe even if it means readjusting some walls. The kneewalls in a cape usually have no structural significance. It can be done if you allow your creativity to run free.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes