Am looking for designs for bathrooms that will fit under the slant of a kneewall in the second floor of a 1 1/2 story cape. We have to work around a large overhead beam (purloin?) and the two vertical supports that hold it up...as well as not being able to put drain pipes under the subflooring (would have to cut through some large - and probably really important structural beams which we're not willing to do!). Have about given up any idea of having a shower upstairs, but if anyone does know of good design sites, or has an idea that might work - I'd love to hear it... Thanks!
I do not know the layout of your house, however, it may be advisable to revise your thinking as to the location you are choosing. There must be some way to locate the equipment closer to the main stack pipe even if it means readjusting some walls. The kneewalls in a cape usually have no structural significance. It can be done if you allow your creativity to run free.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!