We bought a newly built house 9 months ago. The house has approx 1800 sq ft footage all on the main floor. The water heater is in the basement on one far side of the house. The water pipes (plastic) are coiled out to the middle of the ceiling of the basement, then radiate out to both sides of the house. ( Baths are on opposite sides.) The problem is, you may have to wait at least 30-45 seconds to get any warm- hot water. This is a long wait when you just want to wash your hands. What are my options as a solution to this annoying problem?
You have a design problem that was overlooked when they built the house. Other than relocating the water heater to a more central location, they do sell undercounter instantaneous water heaters for this purpose. Check any of the hardware discount centers (Depot, B. Square) and you should find one to suit your needs.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes