mixing abs and pvc
Most plumbing codes will not allow the mixing of ABS & PVC even with the universal cement. The combination of the two has created some problems with separation. Some of the codes will allow you to mix the two with the use of a Fernco type fitting.
Why is this of importance to you? Other than possibly having to repair the pipe over again, if the water was to cause some damage that you wished to claim on your homeowners policy, the insurance company would look and say that your drainage system was not up to the building code. Result- No$$$$$$. I have seen these companies deny claims on items less trivial than this.
In a perfect world, you should be able to do whatever you want to your own property. Alas, such a world we do not live in. Check with your local building code before you do anything with your property- the ole CYA.....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects