mixing abs and pvc
Most plumbing codes will not allow the mixing of ABS & PVC even with the universal cement. The combination of the two has created some problems with separation. Some of the codes will allow you to mix the two with the use of a Fernco type fitting.
Why is this of importance to you? Other than possibly having to repair the pipe over again, if the water was to cause some damage that you wished to claim on your homeowners policy, the insurance company would look and say that your drainage system was not up to the building code. Result- No$$$$$$. I have seen these companies deny claims on items less trivial than this.
In a perfect world, you should be able to do whatever you want to your own property. Alas, such a world we do not live in. Check with your local building code before you do anything with your property- the ole CYA.....
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING