mixing abs and pvc
Most plumbing codes will not allow the mixing of ABS & PVC even with the universal cement. The combination of the two has created some problems with separation. Some of the codes will allow you to mix the two with the use of a Fernco type fitting.
Why is this of importance to you? Other than possibly having to repair the pipe over again, if the water was to cause some damage that you wished to claim on your homeowners policy, the insurance company would look and say that your drainage system was not up to the building code. Result- No$$$$$$. I have seen these companies deny claims on items less trivial than this.
In a perfect world, you should be able to do whatever you want to your own property. Alas, such a world we do not live in. Check with your local building code before you do anything with your property- the ole CYA.....
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight