mixing abs and pvc
Most plumbing codes will not allow the mixing of ABS & PVC even with the universal cement. The combination of the two has created some problems with separation. Some of the codes will allow you to mix the two with the use of a Fernco type fitting.
Why is this of importance to you? Other than possibly having to repair the pipe over again, if the water was to cause some damage that you wished to claim on your homeowners policy, the insurance company would look and say that your drainage system was not up to the building code. Result- No$$$$$$. I have seen these companies deny claims on items less trivial than this.
In a perfect world, you should be able to do whatever you want to your own property. Alas, such a world we do not live in. Check with your local building code before you do anything with your property- the ole CYA.....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!