I have just finished fixing the kitchen cupboards to the wall and have come to fixing the cornice on the top to finish them. Can I cut them at the right angles.. no I can't. I have access to a chop saw which can cut 45 degree angles and at a 45 degree slant as well. I've tried a few combinations but the joints never seem to fit. Does the cornice have sit in the saw the same as it sits on the top of the cupboards?. The majority of the angles are 45 degress with a couple of odd ones. If I can work out how to cut the 45's I reckon I can work out the others. There must be a simple solution. Can anyone help?
First try using an adjustable bevel to measure your angle unless you know 100% it is a 90*(45* each side). Then put stock on saw same as it will go on cabinet. If they still don't work your saw may be off, I had one that was off by 3*. If you have a newer DeWalt you can adjust the scale to give a true angle, if not try to figure how far off yours is and remember to compensate. LOL
That is more than likly crown you are refering to, have a look at the tutorial I put on my site on "How to install crown molding" or simply do an interent search it will come in at the top.
You'll find it in the homeowner section of the alter eagle biz site:
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight