We are installing an outside door to gain acces to our deck. We have hot water baseboard running completely along that wall. I am assuming that I will have to redirect the copper pipe down under the floor and back up on the other side of the door to leave this heater along the wall and allow for the door to be installed. I have never had a furnace before so my question is how do I drain the water from it before I start? Is there a website anyone knows of that documents this kind of handywork?
Are you saying that the baseboard heat is blocking your new entrance for the door?? And that is would have to be partially removed to allow for construction of your doorway?? Hot water baseboard heating is hooked up to your hot water heater. Look at the ceiling where your baseboard heater is located. There should be a valve near there to turn off the water supply, and somwhere along the line a relief valve that you can turn to drain the water out(don't forget the bucket) Most of the time you don't need to redirect the copper piping unless you are adding another heater or changing the location.
RE; Electric Water Heater
water heater clean-out. . .how, why, and general ugh!
no water from tub
Ondemand Water heater
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes