In my bathroom sink there is black stain. It is a porcelain sink and I don't know if the porcelain has come off or something has gotten on to the surface. it is rough to the touch unlike the rest of the surface. What is it and how do I fix it?
Not being a plumber, but an owner of an older house, it sounds to me like the glazed surface of the porcelain has just worn away down to the cast iron in this particular area. It this "stain" located under an old drip? Is it located on an area of the sink that is constantly touched or rubbed? There are epoxy-type products on the market used to repair problems like this. You might want to give one of them a try
It is reight near the drain so yes, looks like what you said might be true that the porcelain has worn away. SO hwat are these epoxys that you talk about and how will that fix it?
After thinking about this, the products that I mentioned to you are probably not appropriate. These DIY kits are typically for small chips and cracks. Depending on the value of the sink (antique/character or just old) there are porcelain refinishing services that you can hire. My best advice: put "porcelain repair" into A yAHOO search. This might give you some ideas.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes