A heating vent in one of our upstairs bedrooms is blowing out a terrible odor into the room. We have a gas furnance and this problem is only in this one bedroom -- no other rooms/vents in the house. We have tried many types of deodorizers but nothing works... We pulled the vent plate off but can't locate anything in the vent that would be causing the smell. Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be???? Could it be plumbing related.. there is a bathroom next to this bedroom. Our home is 5 years old.
I don't know if this could help you, but could it be a mouse possibly? I know you said you looked already. I know that sometimes mice can make their way into ductwork and die in there. It is a horrid smell that eventually goes away, but not for a few weeks to a month. I know there are companies that you can get to come into your home to clean out your ducts for a fee. Sorry I couldn't help you more.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!