A heating vent in one of our upstairs bedrooms is blowing out a terrible odor into the room. We have a gas furnance and this problem is only in this one bedroom -- no other rooms/vents in the house. We have tried many types of deodorizers but nothing works... We pulled the vent plate off but can't locate anything in the vent that would be causing the smell. Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be???? Could it be plumbing related.. there is a bathroom next to this bedroom. Our home is 5 years old.
I don't know if this could help you, but could it be a mouse possibly? I know you said you looked already. I know that sometimes mice can make their way into ductwork and die in there. It is a horrid smell that eventually goes away, but not for a few weeks to a month. I know there are companies that you can get to come into your home to clean out your ducts for a fee. Sorry I couldn't help you more.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!