when shutting off fixtures throughout the house, a deep moaning horn sound emits through the pipes.....this occurs no matter which fixture is used and sometimes the noise occurs just out of the blue. Any suggestions?
Because it's caused by any and all taps, it must be in something common to the whole system. For lack of any better ideas, I suggest you go to the crawl space (or basement?) and have someone else make it fail. You might be able to find the problem by following the sound.
I have the same problem. What are we supposed to do when we find where it is coming from? I think mine comes from where my home filter is installed. I changed the filter and still have the problem. What do I do?
hole in a pipe that is used to run water to a radiat...
Air in water pipes/water heater blow off valve
Hot water in my toilet
Air in water pipes
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!