when shutting off fixtures throughout the house, a deep moaning horn sound emits through the pipes.....this occurs no matter which fixture is used and sometimes the noise occurs just out of the blue. Any suggestions?
Because it's caused by any and all taps, it must be in something common to the whole system. For lack of any better ideas, I suggest you go to the crawl space (or basement?) and have someone else make it fail. You might be able to find the problem by following the sound.
I have the same problem. What are we supposed to do when we find where it is coming from? I think mine comes from where my home filter is installed. I changed the filter and still have the problem. What do I do?
hole in a pipe that is used to run water to a radiat...
Air in water pipes/water heater blow off valve
Hot water in my toilet
Air in water pipes
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING