I am in the process of planning a total bathroom redo. Does anyone know of a source for old/refurbed high flow toilets.
They are a thing of the past and won't pass inspection in most areas. I just remodeled my 30year old bath room and am very happy with the American Standard Cadet that I installed. I beleive that it flushes better than the old one still in the Master bath (soon to be replaced). I found it to be a mid priced unit at about $100.00.
Since the advent of the 1.6 gravity flush systems, they've improved a great deal. Many have been redesigned to provide a larger diameter discharge pipe, others use a pressure system to provide air pressure along with the gravity pressure for flushing. The Pressure flush systems had a reputation for noisy-ness, but many are now better -- most actually use the same internals in the tanks. Most major brands have some of all. You could review them on the web and then go to some plumbing/bath showrooms and flush away.
abruce, the only places that I have seen a suply of older toilets is from homes that are replacing them. Most cities have their utility company sponser some sort of buyback plan for older toilets. I would suggest talking to the homeowners and offering them the same amount for the toilets or perhaps a bit more.
Leaking toilet tank
water flow thru main line 3/4 pex
Deposits in water lines
Source for cross-linked polyethylene vapor barrier?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?