I am in the process of planning a total bathroom redo. Does anyone know of a source for old/refurbed high flow toilets.
They are a thing of the past and won't pass inspection in most areas. I just remodeled my 30year old bath room and am very happy with the American Standard Cadet that I installed. I beleive that it flushes better than the old one still in the Master bath (soon to be replaced). I found it to be a mid priced unit at about $100.00.
Since the advent of the 1.6 gravity flush systems, they've improved a great deal. Many have been redesigned to provide a larger diameter discharge pipe, others use a pressure system to provide air pressure along with the gravity pressure for flushing. The Pressure flush systems had a reputation for noisy-ness, but many are now better -- most actually use the same internals in the tanks. Most major brands have some of all. You could review them on the web and then go to some plumbing/bath showrooms and flush away.
abruce, the only places that I have seen a suply of older toilets is from homes that are replacing them. Most cities have their utility company sponser some sort of buyback plan for older toilets. I would suggest talking to the homeowners and offering them the same amount for the toilets or perhaps a bit more.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!