I am in the process of remodeling my hall bathroom. I will be replacing the original toilet (1966) with a low flow model. I was considering the American Standard Cadet model or a Kolher model. I asked some sales representative at HomeDepot about the better of the two and they say it was the Kolher. However, after speaking to them for a while, I do not have confidence in their opinions. What do you'll think? I like the look and price of the American Standard but do not want a toilet that must be flushed 2 - 3 times to do the job. Thanks for your response.
Nothing against Home Depot (or any other home improvement store) but you are best off hanging around a plumbing supply shop while plumbers are picking up supplies.Here are the people who know good stuff and whats junk.Two and three flushes are becoming more common.
I have just installed an American Standard Cadet and it flushes great. I replaced an American Standard cerca 1969, and can't wait till next year to do the other bath as it flushes better than the old high volume model
American Standard Cadet is one of the best on the market right now, but that is saying very little. Anyone with an old American Standard model is best advised to rebuild it with all American Standard parts and clean out the calcium from the blow hole (if possible). Nothing beats the old models if they are rebuilt and kept clean!
Best way to shorten the cord from a lamp
Which is the best composite decking material to use?
new concrete tile roof / nail? or glue?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees