I am in the process of remodeling my hall bathroom. I will be replacing the original toilet (1966) with a low flow model. I was considering the American Standard Cadet model or a Kolher model. I asked some sales representative at HomeDepot about the better of the two and they say it was the Kolher. However, after speaking to them for a while, I do not have confidence in their opinions. What do you'll think? I like the look and price of the American Standard but do not want a toilet that must be flushed 2 - 3 times to do the job. Thanks for your response.
Nothing against Home Depot (or any other home improvement store) but you are best off hanging around a plumbing supply shop while plumbers are picking up supplies.Here are the people who know good stuff and whats junk.Two and three flushes are becoming more common.
I have just installed an American Standard Cadet and it flushes great. I replaced an American Standard cerca 1969, and can't wait till next year to do the other bath as it flushes better than the old high volume model
American Standard Cadet is one of the best on the market right now, but that is saying very little. Anyone with an old American Standard model is best advised to rebuild it with all American Standard parts and clean out the calcium from the blow hole (if possible). Nothing beats the old models if they are rebuilt and kept clean!
Best way to shorten the cord from a lamp
Which is the best composite decking material to use?
new concrete tile roof / nail? or glue?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs