I just bought a brand new 3 level townhome. Shower is on 3rd floor. Shower water pressure is not that good. I would like a strong water pressure for the shower. I changed the shower head and removed water screen/seal from inside new shower head. Still no change. Also, I removed same from pipe from wall. What can I do to get a "knock me down" shower???
Assuming the water pressure is ok everywhere else,your problem most likely lies in the shut-offs at the shower faucet.Since there are hundreds of faucets out there,it's difficult to tell you how to get at them.Determine the manufacturer,then ask someone at a plumbing store.If you are like me and decide to take the faucet apart,turn the water main off first...some shut offs are turned with an allen wrench,and if you turn in the wrong direction you can get the shower you've been looking for!!
The key here is whether you have low water pressure throughout the house. There are pressure meters available to check. Simply attach one to a outside hose bib. If pressure is good everywhere but the shower, your problem may be in the faucet itself. Replacement is no easy task. This is one time you may want to consult a plumber.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers