I just bought a brand new 3 level townhome. Shower is on 3rd floor. Shower water pressure is not that good. I would like a strong water pressure for the shower. I changed the shower head and removed water screen/seal from inside new shower head. Still no change. Also, I removed same from pipe from wall. What can I do to get a "knock me down" shower???
Assuming the water pressure is ok everywhere else,your problem most likely lies in the shut-offs at the shower faucet.Since there are hundreds of faucets out there,it's difficult to tell you how to get at them.Determine the manufacturer,then ask someone at a plumbing store.If you are like me and decide to take the faucet apart,turn the water main off first...some shut offs are turned with an allen wrench,and if you turn in the wrong direction you can get the shower you've been looking for!!
The key here is whether you have low water pressure throughout the house. There are pressure meters available to check. Simply attach one to a outside hose bib. If pressure is good everywhere but the shower, your problem may be in the faucet itself. Replacement is no easy task. This is one time you may want to consult a plumber.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes