I just bought a brand new 3 level townhome. Shower is on 3rd floor. Shower water pressure is not that good. I would like a strong water pressure for the shower. I changed the shower head and removed water screen/seal from inside new shower head. Still no change. Also, I removed same from pipe from wall. What can I do to get a "knock me down" shower???
Assuming the water pressure is ok everywhere else,your problem most likely lies in the shut-offs at the shower faucet.Since there are hundreds of faucets out there,it's difficult to tell you how to get at them.Determine the manufacturer,then ask someone at a plumbing store.If you are like me and decide to take the faucet apart,turn the water main off first...some shut offs are turned with an allen wrench,and if you turn in the wrong direction you can get the shower you've been looking for!!
The key here is whether you have low water pressure throughout the house. There are pressure meters available to check. Simply attach one to a outside hose bib. If pressure is good everywhere but the shower, your problem may be in the faucet itself. Replacement is no easy task. This is one time you may want to consult a plumber.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!