I just bought a brand new 3 level townhome. Shower is on 3rd floor. Shower water pressure is not that good. I would like a strong water pressure for the shower. I changed the shower head and removed water screen/seal from inside new shower head. Still no change. Also, I removed same from pipe from wall. What can I do to get a "knock me down" shower???
Assuming the water pressure is ok everywhere else,your problem most likely lies in the shut-offs at the shower faucet.Since there are hundreds of faucets out there,it's difficult to tell you how to get at them.Determine the manufacturer,then ask someone at a plumbing store.If you are like me and decide to take the faucet apart,turn the water main off first...some shut offs are turned with an allen wrench,and if you turn in the wrong direction you can get the shower you've been looking for!!
The key here is whether you have low water pressure throughout the house. There are pressure meters available to check. Simply attach one to a outside hose bib. If pressure is good everywhere but the shower, your problem may be in the faucet itself. Replacement is no easy task. This is one time you may want to consult a plumber.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!