Orangeburg pipe disaster
1. Once you buy a place unless the bill of sale has provisions in it for what you are asking, NO DEAL. You are stuck with the house as you buy it.
2. If the pipes in the yard are more than 15 years old, unless they are cast iron, are due to go at any time. The cast iron ones are good for about 20-25 years.
3. Roots in sewer pipes are quite common especially around the joints. It doesn't take very long for trees to find the joints and start penetrating the pipes. Use either a good roto-rooter to snag them out or use one of the root disolver stuff in the pipes.
As for cost... $6000 is cheap....
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING