Orangeburg pipe disaster
1. Once you buy a place unless the bill of sale has provisions in it for what you are asking, NO DEAL. You are stuck with the house as you buy it.
2. If the pipes in the yard are more than 15 years old, unless they are cast iron, are due to go at any time. The cast iron ones are good for about 20-25 years.
3. Roots in sewer pipes are quite common especially around the joints. It doesn't take very long for trees to find the joints and start penetrating the pipes. Use either a good roto-rooter to snag them out or use one of the root disolver stuff in the pipes.
As for cost... $6000 is cheap....
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight