Orangeburg pipe disaster
1. Once you buy a place unless the bill of sale has provisions in it for what you are asking, NO DEAL. You are stuck with the house as you buy it.
2. If the pipes in the yard are more than 15 years old, unless they are cast iron, are due to go at any time. The cast iron ones are good for about 20-25 years.
3. Roots in sewer pipes are quite common especially around the joints. It doesn't take very long for trees to find the joints and start penetrating the pipes. Use either a good roto-rooter to snag them out or use one of the root disolver stuff in the pipes.
As for cost... $6000 is cheap....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects