1.6 gallon toilet
I think the year Congress mandated 1.6 gpp was 1995.
I recently renovated one of my bathrooms and didn't really want to give up the more powerful 1940's toilet for the newer low flow types. All the ones I've used in other houses just didn't work right(had to be flushed multiple times anyway and used even more water).
Anyway, I talked to a contractor friend and he recently installed some fancy $400 one piece toilet that was supposed to work well. I think it was one of those pressure charging types. Well, in less than a month he ripped it out and smashed it with sledgehammer(I wish I was there to see that), he hated it so much. He then installed a Kohler Wellworth model and said he was pretty happy with it.
I decided to get one too, and it is working pretty good so far, and my opinion has been reversed on the possibility of getting a decent toilet with these low flow rules.
A White one will cost $99 at the home depot.
Other colors are about $130.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY