1.6 gallon toilet
I think the year Congress mandated 1.6 gpp was 1995.
I recently renovated one of my bathrooms and didn't really want to give up the more powerful 1940's toilet for the newer low flow types. All the ones I've used in other houses just didn't work right(had to be flushed multiple times anyway and used even more water).
Anyway, I talked to a contractor friend and he recently installed some fancy $400 one piece toilet that was supposed to work well. I think it was one of those pressure charging types. Well, in less than a month he ripped it out and smashed it with sledgehammer(I wish I was there to see that), he hated it so much. He then installed a Kohler Wellworth model and said he was pretty happy with it.
I decided to get one too, and it is working pretty good so far, and my opinion has been reversed on the possibility of getting a decent toilet with these low flow rules.
A White one will cost $99 at the home depot.
Other colors are about $130.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs