1.6 gallon toilet
I think the year Congress mandated 1.6 gpp was 1995.
I recently renovated one of my bathrooms and didn't really want to give up the more powerful 1940's toilet for the newer low flow types. All the ones I've used in other houses just didn't work right(had to be flushed multiple times anyway and used even more water).
Anyway, I talked to a contractor friend and he recently installed some fancy $400 one piece toilet that was supposed to work well. I think it was one of those pressure charging types. Well, in less than a month he ripped it out and smashed it with sledgehammer(I wish I was there to see that), he hated it so much. He then installed a Kohler Wellworth model and said he was pretty happy with it.
I decided to get one too, and it is working pretty good so far, and my opinion has been reversed on the possibility of getting a decent toilet with these low flow rules.
A White one will cost $99 at the home depot.
Other colors are about $130.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates