1.6 gallon toilet
I think the year Congress mandated 1.6 gpp was 1995.
I recently renovated one of my bathrooms and didn't really want to give up the more powerful 1940's toilet for the newer low flow types. All the ones I've used in other houses just didn't work right(had to be flushed multiple times anyway and used even more water).
Anyway, I talked to a contractor friend and he recently installed some fancy $400 one piece toilet that was supposed to work well. I think it was one of those pressure charging types. Well, in less than a month he ripped it out and smashed it with sledgehammer(I wish I was there to see that), he hated it so much. He then installed a Kohler Wellworth model and said he was pretty happy with it.
I decided to get one too, and it is working pretty good so far, and my opinion has been reversed on the possibility of getting a decent toilet with these low flow rules.
A White one will cost $99 at the home depot.
Other colors are about $130.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!