Vibrating baseboard heat pipes
Do you also hear gurgling?
I installed "float" type air eliminators on several of the base board radiators and this has helped tremendously.
If this is a new recent problem then air must be getting in when the system cools down and creates a vaccum. The expansion tank may need to be looked at. I'd have a Pro come in...it's probably worth it in the long run...
The pipes have been bled four times, and the plumbers have even installed an in-line air bleeder. The in-line air bleeder solved the gurgling problems, but the knocking persists. The knocking has even appeared in different places throughout our home (about every 2 weeks or so, new knocking appears). The colder it is outside, the louder the knocking is.
The plumbers have said that this is normal (caused by the expansion of the pipes as the hot water circulates through them) and to be expected with this type of system and a new house as it settles (the house was just finished this past July), but I find that extremely hard to believe, because if that were the case, I KNOW that no one would ever have hot water baseboard heating installed! Who could tolerate it? We're very much at our wit's end with this problem; if anyone has any ideas, we'd be more than grateful if you could share them with us!
Thank you for any help, and Happy Holidays!
Hope this Helped
Hope this Helped
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING