Vibrating baseboard heat pipes
Do you also hear gurgling?
I installed "float" type air eliminators on several of the base board radiators and this has helped tremendously.
If this is a new recent problem then air must be getting in when the system cools down and creates a vaccum. The expansion tank may need to be looked at. I'd have a Pro come in...it's probably worth it in the long run...
The pipes have been bled four times, and the plumbers have even installed an in-line air bleeder. The in-line air bleeder solved the gurgling problems, but the knocking persists. The knocking has even appeared in different places throughout our home (about every 2 weeks or so, new knocking appears). The colder it is outside, the louder the knocking is.
The plumbers have said that this is normal (caused by the expansion of the pipes as the hot water circulates through them) and to be expected with this type of system and a new house as it settles (the house was just finished this past July), but I find that extremely hard to believe, because if that were the case, I KNOW that no one would ever have hot water baseboard heating installed! Who could tolerate it? We're very much at our wit's end with this problem; if anyone has any ideas, we'd be more than grateful if you could share them with us!
Thank you for any help, and Happy Holidays!
Hope this Helped
Hope this Helped
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers