Vibrating baseboard heat pipes
Do you also hear gurgling?
I installed "float" type air eliminators on several of the base board radiators and this has helped tremendously.
If this is a new recent problem then air must be getting in when the system cools down and creates a vaccum. The expansion tank may need to be looked at. I'd have a Pro come in...it's probably worth it in the long run...
The pipes have been bled four times, and the plumbers have even installed an in-line air bleeder. The in-line air bleeder solved the gurgling problems, but the knocking persists. The knocking has even appeared in different places throughout our home (about every 2 weeks or so, new knocking appears). The colder it is outside, the louder the knocking is.
The plumbers have said that this is normal (caused by the expansion of the pipes as the hot water circulates through them) and to be expected with this type of system and a new house as it settles (the house was just finished this past July), but I find that extremely hard to believe, because if that were the case, I KNOW that no one would ever have hot water baseboard heating installed! Who could tolerate it? We're very much at our wit's end with this problem; if anyone has any ideas, we'd be more than grateful if you could share them with us!
Thank you for any help, and Happy Holidays!
Hope this Helped
Hope this Helped
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips