Vibrating baseboard heat pipes
Do you also hear gurgling?
I installed "float" type air eliminators on several of the base board radiators and this has helped tremendously.
If this is a new recent problem then air must be getting in when the system cools down and creates a vaccum. The expansion tank may need to be looked at. I'd have a Pro come in...it's probably worth it in the long run...
The pipes have been bled four times, and the plumbers have even installed an in-line air bleeder. The in-line air bleeder solved the gurgling problems, but the knocking persists. The knocking has even appeared in different places throughout our home (about every 2 weeks or so, new knocking appears). The colder it is outside, the louder the knocking is.
The plumbers have said that this is normal (caused by the expansion of the pipes as the hot water circulates through them) and to be expected with this type of system and a new house as it settles (the house was just finished this past July), but I find that extremely hard to believe, because if that were the case, I KNOW that no one would ever have hot water baseboard heating installed! Who could tolerate it? We're very much at our wit's end with this problem; if anyone has any ideas, we'd be more than grateful if you could share them with us!
Thank you for any help, and Happy Holidays!
Hope this Helped
Hope this Helped
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps