While tring to fix a leaky faucet in my shower/bathtub, I tried to replace the cartridge like all the instructions say to do. However, my old cartridge does not move or budge or want to come out at all. It feels like it is permanently stuck in there. Any suggestions, before I have to replace the whole faucet structure...
Soak the area where the cartridge meets the body of the faucet with WD-40 or liquid wrench and wait 30 minutes.Put a wrench on the cartridge and tap the wrench with a hammer in the direction the cartrige will unscrew.Also it may help if you run the faucet with hot water before you start as some expansion may help.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!