While tring to fix a leaky faucet in my shower/bathtub, I tried to replace the cartridge like all the instructions say to do. However, my old cartridge does not move or budge or want to come out at all. It feels like it is permanently stuck in there. Any suggestions, before I have to replace the whole faucet structure...
Soak the area where the cartridge meets the body of the faucet with WD-40 or liquid wrench and wait 30 minutes.Put a wrench on the cartridge and tap the wrench with a hammer in the direction the cartrige will unscrew.Also it may help if you run the faucet with hot water before you start as some expansion may help.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight