While repairing a toilet, I turned the toilet shut off valve off. When I went to turn it back on, no water was flowing through it. I cannot hear water anywhere, and it is not leaking at the valve. I believe the valve is stuck. Any suggestions about how to "unstuck" it?
You may have to disassemble it. Turn off main water supply & open a faucet to relieve pressure. Then remove handle of toilet water supply cutoff. Then remove end nut and use handle to turn valve stem out of housing. Should be able to see what problem is then. May be clogged with mineral deposits or some problem with valve stem or washer. Good luck Be sure to close that faucet you opened before you turn on main wayer supply.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!