Delta tub spout has STUCK shower knob.
shut off the water
remove the clear plastic handle by removing the screw that holds it on (under the "H and C" cap.
the part that this screw fits into is what you'll replace - it's a ball with some holes in it and a brass stem that the screw screws into.
unscrew the ribbed ring that holds all together
when you pull out the ball&stem there are 2 small springs and rubber seals that can fall out - they're included in the new kit.
replace the rubber seals and springs and the ball same as they came out - should be shown on the package.
put it all back together.
On the other hand, if you mean you can't remove the screw that holds the handle on (it happens), I suggest you CAREFULLY drill a very small hole in it. That should loosen it enough to get it to come out.
ps If you get a kit, there are off-brand kits for slightly cheaper. I've had poor luck with them. Get the brand name (Delta).
If you buy a new diverter, my same advice applies - buy the Delta brand, not the "store brand".
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited August 16, 2001).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!