Delta tub spout has STUCK shower knob.
shut off the water
remove the clear plastic handle by removing the screw that holds it on (under the "H and C" cap.
the part that this screw fits into is what you'll replace - it's a ball with some holes in it and a brass stem that the screw screws into.
unscrew the ribbed ring that holds all together
when you pull out the ball&stem there are 2 small springs and rubber seals that can fall out - they're included in the new kit.
replace the rubber seals and springs and the ball same as they came out - should be shown on the package.
put it all back together.
On the other hand, if you mean you can't remove the screw that holds the handle on (it happens), I suggest you CAREFULLY drill a very small hole in it. That should loosen it enough to get it to come out.
ps If you get a kit, there are off-brand kits for slightly cheaper. I've had poor luck with them. Get the brand name (Delta).
If you buy a new diverter, my same advice applies - buy the Delta brand, not the "store brand".
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited August 16, 2001).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them