Delta tub spout has STUCK shower knob.
shut off the water
remove the clear plastic handle by removing the screw that holds it on (under the "H and C" cap.
the part that this screw fits into is what you'll replace - it's a ball with some holes in it and a brass stem that the screw screws into.
unscrew the ribbed ring that holds all together
when you pull out the ball&stem there are 2 small springs and rubber seals that can fall out - they're included in the new kit.
replace the rubber seals and springs and the ball same as they came out - should be shown on the package.
put it all back together.
On the other hand, if you mean you can't remove the screw that holds the handle on (it happens), I suggest you CAREFULLY drill a very small hole in it. That should loosen it enough to get it to come out.
ps If you get a kit, there are off-brand kits for slightly cheaper. I've had poor luck with them. Get the brand name (Delta).
If you buy a new diverter, my same advice applies - buy the Delta brand, not the "store brand".
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited August 16, 2001).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- Soundproof Your Home with 11 DIYs
- Set the Tone: 8 Colors for an Inviting Dining Room
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY