Delta tub spout has STUCK shower knob.
shut off the water
remove the clear plastic handle by removing the screw that holds it on (under the "H and C" cap.
the part that this screw fits into is what you'll replace - it's a ball with some holes in it and a brass stem that the screw screws into.
unscrew the ribbed ring that holds all together
when you pull out the ball&stem there are 2 small springs and rubber seals that can fall out - they're included in the new kit.
replace the rubber seals and springs and the ball same as they came out - should be shown on the package.
put it all back together.
On the other hand, if you mean you can't remove the screw that holds the handle on (it happens), I suggest you CAREFULLY drill a very small hole in it. That should loosen it enough to get it to come out.
ps If you get a kit, there are off-brand kits for slightly cheaper. I've had poor luck with them. Get the brand name (Delta).
If you buy a new diverter, my same advice applies - buy the Delta brand, not the "store brand".
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited August 16, 2001).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips