Delta tub spout has STUCK shower knob.
shut off the water
remove the clear plastic handle by removing the screw that holds it on (under the "H and C" cap.
the part that this screw fits into is what you'll replace - it's a ball with some holes in it and a brass stem that the screw screws into.
unscrew the ribbed ring that holds all together
when you pull out the ball&stem there are 2 small springs and rubber seals that can fall out - they're included in the new kit.
replace the rubber seals and springs and the ball same as they came out - should be shown on the package.
put it all back together.
On the other hand, if you mean you can't remove the screw that holds the handle on (it happens), I suggest you CAREFULLY drill a very small hole in it. That should loosen it enough to get it to come out.
ps If you get a kit, there are off-brand kits for slightly cheaper. I've had poor luck with them. Get the brand name (Delta).
If you buy a new diverter, my same advice applies - buy the Delta brand, not the "store brand".
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited August 16, 2001).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes