frozen kitchen pipes
Maybe, and I say MAYBE, if you 'widen' the hole that the pipe goes through to match the width of the Insulation Tubing (that you buy at the Home Centers), perhaps PERHAPS, you can get it to slip through the hole. The only additional problem you might have is the part where the pipe 'bends' to come up.
The Insulation Tubing is just that. Ask for it in the Plumbing Aisle at the Home Center. It comes in 4' lengths (I believe.)
If you're in the Crawlspace, can't you get to the ENTIRE piping under there? What's preventing you from getting to that last 12"? It almost sounds like there's plywood, or something, nailed up under there. In my home, I can see the sub-floor in my crawlspace which is what the piping goes through. I put the Tubing on it and then insulated with R-30 insulation as you would a floor above a crawlspace. Is your Crawlspace insulated? What part of the country do you live? Is your Crawlspace 'enclosed' by cement block or is it 'exposed' to Mother Nature like a porch?
One last option is to pay a Plumber to re-route the piping so it CAN be insulated. His fee for this would be a lot less than it would be if the pipes were to freeze and burst.
Come back w/more info or 'fire at will'. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight