frozen kitchen pipes
Maybe, and I say MAYBE, if you 'widen' the hole that the pipe goes through to match the width of the Insulation Tubing (that you buy at the Home Centers), perhaps PERHAPS, you can get it to slip through the hole. The only additional problem you might have is the part where the pipe 'bends' to come up.
The Insulation Tubing is just that. Ask for it in the Plumbing Aisle at the Home Center. It comes in 4' lengths (I believe.)
If you're in the Crawlspace, can't you get to the ENTIRE piping under there? What's preventing you from getting to that last 12"? It almost sounds like there's plywood, or something, nailed up under there. In my home, I can see the sub-floor in my crawlspace which is what the piping goes through. I put the Tubing on it and then insulated with R-30 insulation as you would a floor above a crawlspace. Is your Crawlspace insulated? What part of the country do you live? Is your Crawlspace 'enclosed' by cement block or is it 'exposed' to Mother Nature like a porch?
One last option is to pay a Plumber to re-route the piping so it CAN be insulated. His fee for this would be a lot less than it would be if the pipes were to freeze and burst.
Come back w/more info or 'fire at will'. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips