We just had a water filter installed this morning. When we got home this evening and ran the water, it smelled terrible. We have 1" CPVC pipes, so we think that the smell is from the cement that they used to join the new pipes. The smell was initially strong enough to drive us from the room with a headache. We ran the water throughout the house for several hours; the smell subsided but is still slightly present. Is this smell in the water a common problem with newly installed CPVC plumbing? If so, how long does it usually last? Any suggestions?
Oh Brown Water....Keep On Rollin'
can a hot water tank cause air or gas to create nois...
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING