We are on a septic system with a community well. Anytime, anyone uses water on our circle, we can hear the water pump which makes a loud whooshing noise and then a ka-thunk when it's finished. The maintenance man for the well house replaced a broken piece on the well and I also had a water pressure tank installed, as suggested by the builder, to act as a buffer for the water pressure. It has helped some but it's still too loud in my opinion. Other homes on my circle don't have this problem. Any thoughts??
I don't have any answers but a couple of questions come to mind. Are you the closest one to the well house, or are others just as close? Do you hear this noise from anywhere in the house or only where there is plumbing, such as bathroom and kitchen?
We are as close as everyone else - approximately 120-150 feet from the well. Prior to installing the pressure tank, the noise was heard throughout the house, the loudest being in the bathrooms and our bedroom. Since installation, it's confined to where the water enters the house under the main bedroom via the crawlspace which is where the pressure tank is located. Originally, I said the noise was a whooshing sound. If it matters, its more of a humming and buzzing sound with a ka-thunk when its finished. Thanks for responding.
Do the lights dim or anything when the well pump goes on? My parents' house has a similiar problem and apparently, it's a lack of power. There's been so much build up around the area that the power lines aren't delivering enough power to the house.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes