Our sewer line backed up last night. We had about 1 inch of standing water when we found it. We have pumped out all the water and now have to sanitize everything. Any suggestions on what products to use and how to go about it?
We had a hole in a horizontal section that leaked and had to be replaced. They spilled lots of gunk when they cut out the old section. What we did was take an old shop vac and vac up as much as we could (water and slop) then liberally sprayed the whole area with a bleach/water mix then vacumned that up. Took out all the smell and it seems pretty clean now. Also sprayed and washed out the vac and hoses too.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!