"I have feeling that their is a leak somewhere in the house." ??
It would help a lot if you could say what makes you think that.
The other two things sound like nuisances, but are probably harmless - unless the floor under the shower has rotted. Chances are, the floor of the shower is just not supported properly and it's not hurting anything.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited July 19, 2002).]
It would still be a good idea to check everywhere you can for any dampness. I would look under the house if there is a crawl space. If you can't find any indication of moisture, I'd not worry any further. Just my opinion.
I'm on my third used home, so I have a LOT of experience in making repairs to neglected homes, and in homes that were worked on by people who thought they knew what they were doing, but clearly didnt. Like using 12/2 NM for a 220 connection to the well pump, NOT GOOD. This house I have now, the plumbing they put in for a new bathroom was put together so poorly that I was able to take it all apart without breaking anything, and it was all PVC DWV!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!