"I have feeling that their is a leak somewhere in the house." ??
It would help a lot if you could say what makes you think that.
The other two things sound like nuisances, but are probably harmless - unless the floor under the shower has rotted. Chances are, the floor of the shower is just not supported properly and it's not hurting anything.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited July 19, 2002).]
It would still be a good idea to check everywhere you can for any dampness. I would look under the house if there is a crawl space. If you can't find any indication of moisture, I'd not worry any further. Just my opinion.
I'm on my third used home, so I have a LOT of experience in making repairs to neglected homes, and in homes that were worked on by people who thought they knew what they were doing, but clearly didnt. Like using 12/2 NM for a 220 connection to the well pump, NOT GOOD. This house I have now, the plumbing they put in for a new bathroom was put together so poorly that I was able to take it all apart without breaking anything, and it was all PVC DWV!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs