"I have feeling that their is a leak somewhere in the house." ??
It would help a lot if you could say what makes you think that.
The other two things sound like nuisances, but are probably harmless - unless the floor under the shower has rotted. Chances are, the floor of the shower is just not supported properly and it's not hurting anything.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited July 19, 2002).]
It would still be a good idea to check everywhere you can for any dampness. I would look under the house if there is a crawl space. If you can't find any indication of moisture, I'd not worry any further. Just my opinion.
I'm on my third used home, so I have a LOT of experience in making repairs to neglected homes, and in homes that were worked on by people who thought they knew what they were doing, but clearly didnt. Like using 12/2 NM for a 220 connection to the well pump, NOT GOOD. This house I have now, the plumbing they put in for a new bathroom was put together so poorly that I was able to take it all apart without breaking anything, and it was all PVC DWV!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes