"I have feeling that their is a leak somewhere in the house." ??
It would help a lot if you could say what makes you think that.
The other two things sound like nuisances, but are probably harmless - unless the floor under the shower has rotted. Chances are, the floor of the shower is just not supported properly and it's not hurting anything.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited July 19, 2002).]
It would still be a good idea to check everywhere you can for any dampness. I would look under the house if there is a crawl space. If you can't find any indication of moisture, I'd not worry any further. Just my opinion.
I'm on my third used home, so I have a LOT of experience in making repairs to neglected homes, and in homes that were worked on by people who thought they knew what they were doing, but clearly didnt. Like using 12/2 NM for a 220 connection to the well pump, NOT GOOD. This house I have now, the plumbing they put in for a new bathroom was put together so poorly that I was able to take it all apart without breaking anything, and it was all PVC DWV!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps