I have the whole house pipe hammer rumble in the pipes when someone uses the shower or the left sink of a 2 sink vanity in the bathroom. It just started a few days ago and it comes and goes. I do have a small drip from a bathroom faucet. I have read about washers and something to do with a valve? I'm a decent novice plummer. I built on to my house and I added a new kitchen, bath room and a wash room (with hot water heater) by myself a couple of years ago(yes the problem is most likely from the part that I added). It was all trial and error and it was all self taught. I need some professional advice on this one.
Is caused by the abrupt turn on/off of the water and the resulting hydraulic pressures created. Improperly secured pipes can also make the effect worse. Go down to the local home store and ask about water hammer arrestors. Can add them to the problem areas and should help/eliminate the problem. Also can buy them thru the web. Use a Google search and you'll find many types.
Quick Easy short term fix, shut off the main water supply and from the lowest faucet drain your system and make sure all your faucets are open. Once the system is completely drained shut off all the faucets and turn the water back on SLOWLY. This will refreash the air on the water pipe dampers that are above the shutoff valves, if there are any, and will solve the water hammering for a while until they get saturated again.
Roof vents versus Studor vents
air conditioning odor
Cleaning tablet blocked toilet - How to get rid of?
Compact Dishwasher from one of the shows
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!