I have a house in Orange, Ca. that was built in 1947. I have two ledgeback sinks that need new plumbing fixtures. I need two faucets and two drain tubes. The faucets that are in the sinks now are of "CRANE" manufacture. The drain tubes are a little larger diameter than normal that I find in the stores around here. I have tried but cannot find replacements and do not want to replace the whole sink/cabinet/tile countertop. Thank you for your help, Anyone?
Do you mean to say that the CONNECTORS are of larger diameter? The actual diameter of the main body of the tube shouldn't matter as long as the end connectors fit.
Those old Crane faucets are still sold (but made by others) at local plumbing wholesalers. You have to check with Vermillion or one that specializes in antique faucets.
Some Crane fixtures from the 30/40/50s have 11/2" tailpiece from the pop-up assembly as do some of the American Standard. (commonly 11/4" now days) all of it is available, as are the ledge-back faucets. erik
Problem solved for the drainage. Cut the old traps out and install a 1 and 1/2" Fernco band. These bands are flexible enough to tighten down enough without a leak. Then you can go to PVC or chrome. As far as the supply side, install a 1/2" x 3/8" Delta adapter. That is 1/2" sweat by 3/8" OD compression. You can then decide on a good name brand faucet. May I recommend Delta or Moen>? Something you can alway's get replacement parts for. Good Luck !
Delta and Moen do not manufacture "ledge-back" faucets. I think American Standard does (commercial catalog). Chicago also makes a "ledge-back". Most people have yanked these lavatories out...they were commonly "wall-hung" basins that were set in a cabinet and then tiled in, really difficult to work on...If youre able to its better to get rid of them. erik
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes