I have a house in Orange, Ca. that was built in 1947. I have two ledgeback sinks that need new plumbing fixtures. I need two faucets and two drain tubes. The faucets that are in the sinks now are of "CRANE" manufacture. The drain tubes are a little larger diameter than normal that I find in the stores around here. I have tried but cannot find replacements and do not want to replace the whole sink/cabinet/tile countertop. Thank you for your help, Anyone?
Do you mean to say that the CONNECTORS are of larger diameter? The actual diameter of the main body of the tube shouldn't matter as long as the end connectors fit.
Those old Crane faucets are still sold (but made by others) at local plumbing wholesalers. You have to check with Vermillion or one that specializes in antique faucets.
Some Crane fixtures from the 30/40/50s have 11/2" tailpiece from the pop-up assembly as do some of the American Standard. (commonly 11/4" now days) all of it is available, as are the ledge-back faucets. erik
Problem solved for the drainage. Cut the old traps out and install a 1 and 1/2" Fernco band. These bands are flexible enough to tighten down enough without a leak. Then you can go to PVC or chrome. As far as the supply side, install a 1/2" x 3/8" Delta adapter. That is 1/2" sweat by 3/8" OD compression. You can then decide on a good name brand faucet. May I recommend Delta or Moen>? Something you can alway's get replacement parts for. Good Luck !
Delta and Moen do not manufacture "ledge-back" faucets. I think American Standard does (commercial catalog). Chicago also makes a "ledge-back". Most people have yanked these lavatories out...they were commonly "wall-hung" basins that were set in a cabinet and then tiled in, really difficult to work on...If youre able to its better to get rid of them. erik
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!