my hot water heater is brand new--well a year old that is, i took an 8 minute shower this morning and the water was turning cold!! this is not new it seems to happen every once in a while im wondering if its a setting on the heater? is there a way i could possibly check this or will i need a plumber to come look at it?
I have that happen to me, but it wasnt the fact I was running out of hot water. When ever another faucet is opened the pressure drops and the shower faucet must be an anti scald type that reduces the hot water side, instead of blending it. Very annoying.
Another problem is the high and low settings on the water heater from the manufacturer. One way they have begun to save energy is to allow a greater differential in the water heater before it reignites and reheats the water. Since the water settings are set lower for anti-scald reasons (insurance), the water heater can drop down to its lowest setting just when you're about to use it. If you happen to useit at this time, you will get the hotest water that has stratified at the top (around 110 degrees) and within minutes, it will start to cool down as the inlet water begins to affect the water in the water heater. One thing you can do is turn up the water heater slightly. Not so hot that it scalds, but hot enough to turn on sooner.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight