my hot water heater is brand new--well a year old that is, i took an 8 minute shower this morning and the water was turning cold!! this is not new it seems to happen every once in a while im wondering if its a setting on the heater? is there a way i could possibly check this or will i need a plumber to come look at it?
I have that happen to me, but it wasnt the fact I was running out of hot water. When ever another faucet is opened the pressure drops and the shower faucet must be an anti scald type that reduces the hot water side, instead of blending it. Very annoying.
Another problem is the high and low settings on the water heater from the manufacturer. One way they have begun to save energy is to allow a greater differential in the water heater before it reignites and reheats the water. Since the water settings are set lower for anti-scald reasons (insurance), the water heater can drop down to its lowest setting just when you're about to use it. If you happen to useit at this time, you will get the hotest water that has stratified at the top (around 110 degrees) and within minutes, it will start to cool down as the inlet water begins to affect the water in the water heater. One thing you can do is turn up the water heater slightly. Not so hot that it scalds, but hot enough to turn on sooner.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects