my hot water heater is brand new--well a year old that is, i took an 8 minute shower this morning and the water was turning cold!! this is not new it seems to happen every once in a while im wondering if its a setting on the heater? is there a way i could possibly check this or will i need a plumber to come look at it?
I have that happen to me, but it wasnt the fact I was running out of hot water. When ever another faucet is opened the pressure drops and the shower faucet must be an anti scald type that reduces the hot water side, instead of blending it. Very annoying.
Another problem is the high and low settings on the water heater from the manufacturer. One way they have begun to save energy is to allow a greater differential in the water heater before it reignites and reheats the water. Since the water settings are set lower for anti-scald reasons (insurance), the water heater can drop down to its lowest setting just when you're about to use it. If you happen to useit at this time, you will get the hotest water that has stratified at the top (around 110 degrees) and within minutes, it will start to cool down as the inlet water begins to affect the water in the water heater. One thing you can do is turn up the water heater slightly. Not so hot that it scalds, but hot enough to turn on sooner.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips