My home is approximately a year old. The sump pump that was installed in the house used to run ok (a little noisy), but now it runs continuously. I tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in. It appeared to fix the issue at first but I am back to the constant running again. Any ideas?
Two things come to mind. The first is the float is getting stuck along the side of the tank and staying in the up position. This prevents the pump from turning off. Look down inside the sump and check to see if that is the issue. The second is an extreemly wet area. If the water is coming in all the time, the pump will keep running.
Bricked over basement staricase source of seepage?
Sump pump odor
Old bricked over staricase cause of seepage?
Sump pump runs alot
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!