My home is approximately a year old. The sump pump that was installed in the house used to run ok (a little noisy), but now it runs continuously. I tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in. It appeared to fix the issue at first but I am back to the constant running again. Any ideas?
Two things come to mind. The first is the float is getting stuck along the side of the tank and staying in the up position. This prevents the pump from turning off. Look down inside the sump and check to see if that is the issue. The second is an extreemly wet area. If the water is coming in all the time, the pump will keep running.
Bricked over basement staricase source of seepage?
Sump pump odor
Old bricked over staricase cause of seepage?
Sump pump runs alot
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects