I have a 30 year old ranch house with three bathrooms. Bathroom #1 is in the basement and has new plumbing and a new single lever shower facet. Bathroom # 2 has a powers Hydrogaurd handicap single lever shower faucet. These two bathrooms are about 8-10 ft. from the hot water tank and water supply. Bathroom #3 has been newly remodeled. There is not problem with bath #3.It is approx 20ft. from the water source and hot water tank and has a new shower faucet in it. The reason I am writing to you is that I have a problem with bath #1 and #2. When I use the cold water I get great water pressure in both the tub and shower option, but when I turn to add hot water the pressure drops to about half. I have taken apart the insides of the faucet and have not found any debris. I don't believe the pipes have corrosion in them because I still have the problem in the #3 bath and this bath is new and the pipes are clean. The water pressure in all the bathroom sink faucets and kitchen sink are good. It seems that the hot side of the two bath showers are the problem. I have owned the home for 4 years, in the past bathroom #2 had good pressure, the pressure problem was there before bathroom #2 was put in. I have normal city water, no water softener is involved. I would like your help in solving this problem..
Sounds like corroded hot water pipes. I have the same problem in my house with the original bathrooms. When Im in the shower and someone turns on the water anywhere in the house, doesnt matter if its the hot or cold, the shower turns cold. In this case I think its the faucet which may be first generation anti scald. I know for a fact that the galvinized pipes are about half the diameter they were when new from all the rust and crap in our water.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight