mildew and clogged drain
I have two questions. First one is--- How do i keep mildew off bathroom walls? I have scrubbed with bleach and it disappears but then few weeks later it returns. Question Two--- I have a ranch style home with 2 bathrooms. One bathroom is located in middle of house the second at end of house. When we use the shower or toilet in back bathroom it ends up all over down in basement. My husband thinks it's the main drain but i dont think so. He is using a snake on it now and can get it pretty far down into drain in basement floor. Why is it just the back bathroom thats doing it?? PLEASE HELP SOON
Sounds to me like you may have a joint seperated in that main line and the snake will only make it worse. You'll need to open up the ceiling under the bathroom and inspect the drain pipes.
On the mildew, make sure you have proper ventilation, i.e. vent fan that is vented to the outside, not just to the attic space.
On the drain, if it's leaking in the ceiling, you have a seperated pipe, if it's backing up from a drain that is the lowest drain in the house, it's a main line plug between the home and the sewer.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes