Our new home has pvc plumbing pipes, which were supposed to be insulated, etc by the plumbing subcontractor. After moving in we began noticing what we thought was a leak or dripping noise. The plumber has determined that this is just plumbing pipes rubbing against wood. This noise begins after using hot water, we belive, and can last for up to four hours!
Is there anything we can do about this noise? We are built on a crawlspace foundation. Can we crawl under the house to insulate any pipes to see if this helps muffle the noise? (The plumber says that we'll have to rip out wall board and make a huge, expensive mess!) Will this noise decrease in warmer weather, if it is piping expanding and contracting in the cold weather?
We have a one year warranty with our builder, and since the plumber was instructed to insulate all pipes, etc. we feel that this problem should be rectified. The only area we are really concerned with is in the Master Bedroom where this noise gets so loud that we are losing sleep!
We'd appreciate any advice that anyone can give us! Thanks so much!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!