Our new home has pvc plumbing pipes, which were supposed to be insulated, etc by the plumbing subcontractor. After moving in we began noticing what we thought was a leak or dripping noise. The plumber has determined that this is just plumbing pipes rubbing against wood. This noise begins after using hot water, we belive, and can last for up to four hours!
Is there anything we can do about this noise? We are built on a crawlspace foundation. Can we crawl under the house to insulate any pipes to see if this helps muffle the noise? (The plumber says that we'll have to rip out wall board and make a huge, expensive mess!) Will this noise decrease in warmer weather, if it is piping expanding and contracting in the cold weather?
We have a one year warranty with our builder, and since the plumber was instructed to insulate all pipes, etc. we feel that this problem should be rectified. The only area we are really concerned with is in the Master Bedroom where this noise gets so loud that we are losing sleep!
We'd appreciate any advice that anyone can give us! Thanks so much!
Knocking Sound in shower/bedroom wall
Leaking main sewer line?
HELP: Noisy Pipes ("The Kettle Noise")
can a hot water tank cause air or gas to create nois...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects