Our new home has pvc plumbing pipes, which were supposed to be insulated, etc by the plumbing subcontractor. After moving in we began noticing what we thought was a leak or dripping noise. The plumber has determined that this is just plumbing pipes rubbing against wood. This noise begins after using hot water, we belive, and can last for up to four hours!
Is there anything we can do about this noise? We are built on a crawlspace foundation. Can we crawl under the house to insulate any pipes to see if this helps muffle the noise? (The plumber says that we'll have to rip out wall board and make a huge, expensive mess!) Will this noise decrease in warmer weather, if it is piping expanding and contracting in the cold weather?
We have a one year warranty with our builder, and since the plumber was instructed to insulate all pipes, etc. we feel that this problem should be rectified. The only area we are really concerned with is in the Master Bedroom where this noise gets so loud that we are losing sleep!
We'd appreciate any advice that anyone can give us! Thanks so much!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Weekend Projects: DIY Thanksgiving Decor
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Forgiving Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- Bob Vila's Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- 10 Quick Fixes for a More Refreshing Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!