How to remove & re-install toilet to tile floor ...
Have an old towel or newspapers ready to set the tank and bowl on.
Shut off the water valve at the wall below, left of the tank. Flush the toilet and then use a sponge or rag to get the last bit of water out of the tank. Disconnect the water line from the bottom, left of the tank. Remove the 2 nuts that are holding the tank to the back of the bowl. Lift off the tank and set aside.
Remove remaining water from the bowl. Remove the 2 nuts from the bolts in the floor (on either side of the bowl at floor level- usually covered with plastic caps). Lift the bowl and place carefully on towel or papers.
NOTE: the bottom of the bowl us usually a mess. Be careful how you set it down.
To replace, reverse this procedure.
You might need a new seal for the bottom of the bowl. These are inexpensive - around one dollar if you get the beeswax seal - at any hardware. It is messy. You'll need to clean out some of the old one to make room for the new.
(Also, have you considered a concrete backer?)
As to whether the extra height will prevent the commode from fitting, I think you'll be OK, but maybe others can add more info.
Just make sure the seal doesn't allow any moisture to go anywhere but down the drain. If moisture gets under the bowl, it'll eventually rot the floor.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight