I just had a new refrigerator delivered that has an icemaker. I purchased an ice maker water line kit since the previous refrigerator did not have an ice maker and installed it per the instructions. I tested the line before the fridge was delivered and had very good water flow and no leaks at the saddle valve or at either ends of the 1/4" plastic tubing. I hooked up the waterline to the fridge and had good flow from the water dispenser and the fridge was able to make ice, and still no leaks. To keep this somewhat short, at some point the plastic tubing shot out of the saddle valve assembly while the water was on - leaving the compression sleeve and the nut on the saddle valve and the brass insert on the other side of the cabinet. I attempted to reinstall everything but as soon as I turned the water on it would shoot out again. The other end, at the fridge, seems to be fine. Any suggestions?
Either the threads on the compression nut Or the valve are corrupted or you didn't tighten enpugh. I'd just buy a new kit. Costs about $10. I'd do this for peace of mind. Afterall, you don't want this thing coming lose in the middle of the night.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!