Adjusting European hinges
I took pictures to make it clearer, they're here: http://www.geocities.com/teesac1968/Unit/Unit.html
Thanks in advance,
But I notice that the base plate is installed out of alignment in your photo. This would make all other adjustments distorted, it could also be the reason a door is not able to close all the way, causing some binding first.
So the first thing to do is to have all the base plates lined up and straight. It is a shame that you have bought something as defective and poor craftsmanship as this. The manufacturer should also have included adjustment instructions. There may also be mounting/adjustment problems with the way the upright slide is mounted into the cabinet that can't be seen in the photos.
Each hinge normally has the name of a manufacturer stamped into it. You might be able to learn that name and search the wenb for a technical paper on their web site. Most now have such published to web in PDF form.
We tried mucking around with the hinges and ended up making it worse than it was... lol
I'll find out what brand the hinges are and see what I can find out. I've got Adobe, so PDF files aren't a problem. I'm not sure what to look for in the slides, but I guess I'll figure it out if I find it.
No booklets with the unit as it was an As Is and floor model. Didn't even come in its own box, was the last one. Despite its problems, it was a good deal, less that half price.
Thanks for the help!
Rick and Teesa
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!