Adjusting European hinges
I took pictures to make it clearer, they're here: http://www.geocities.com/teesac1968/Unit/Unit.html
Thanks in advance,
But I notice that the base plate is installed out of alignment in your photo. This would make all other adjustments distorted, it could also be the reason a door is not able to close all the way, causing some binding first.
So the first thing to do is to have all the base plates lined up and straight. It is a shame that you have bought something as defective and poor craftsmanship as this. The manufacturer should also have included adjustment instructions. There may also be mounting/adjustment problems with the way the upright slide is mounted into the cabinet that can't be seen in the photos.
Each hinge normally has the name of a manufacturer stamped into it. You might be able to learn that name and search the wenb for a technical paper on their web site. Most now have such published to web in PDF form.
We tried mucking around with the hinges and ended up making it worse than it was... lol
I'll find out what brand the hinges are and see what I can find out. I've got Adobe, so PDF files aren't a problem. I'm not sure what to look for in the slides, but I guess I'll figure it out if I find it.
No booklets with the unit as it was an As Is and floor model. Didn't even come in its own box, was the last one. Despite its problems, it was a good deal, less that half price.
Thanks for the help!
Rick and Teesa
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects