Adjusting European hinges
I took pictures to make it clearer, they're here: http://www.geocities.com/teesac1968/Unit/Unit.html
Thanks in advance,
But I notice that the base plate is installed out of alignment in your photo. This would make all other adjustments distorted, it could also be the reason a door is not able to close all the way, causing some binding first.
So the first thing to do is to have all the base plates lined up and straight. It is a shame that you have bought something as defective and poor craftsmanship as this. The manufacturer should also have included adjustment instructions. There may also be mounting/adjustment problems with the way the upright slide is mounted into the cabinet that can't be seen in the photos.
Each hinge normally has the name of a manufacturer stamped into it. You might be able to learn that name and search the wenb for a technical paper on their web site. Most now have such published to web in PDF form.
We tried mucking around with the hinges and ended up making it worse than it was... lol
I'll find out what brand the hinges are and see what I can find out. I've got Adobe, so PDF files aren't a problem. I'm not sure what to look for in the slides, but I guess I'll figure it out if I find it.
No booklets with the unit as it was an As Is and floor model. Didn't even come in its own box, was the last one. Despite its problems, it was a good deal, less that half price.
Thanks for the help!
Rick and Teesa
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs