Adjusting European hinges
I took pictures to make it clearer, they're here: http://www.geocities.com/teesac1968/Unit/Unit.html
Thanks in advance,
But I notice that the base plate is installed out of alignment in your photo. This would make all other adjustments distorted, it could also be the reason a door is not able to close all the way, causing some binding first.
So the first thing to do is to have all the base plates lined up and straight. It is a shame that you have bought something as defective and poor craftsmanship as this. The manufacturer should also have included adjustment instructions. There may also be mounting/adjustment problems with the way the upright slide is mounted into the cabinet that can't be seen in the photos.
Each hinge normally has the name of a manufacturer stamped into it. You might be able to learn that name and search the wenb for a technical paper on their web site. Most now have such published to web in PDF form.
We tried mucking around with the hinges and ended up making it worse than it was... lol
I'll find out what brand the hinges are and see what I can find out. I've got Adobe, so PDF files aren't a problem. I'm not sure what to look for in the slides, but I guess I'll figure it out if I find it.
No booklets with the unit as it was an As Is and floor model. Didn't even come in its own box, was the last one. Despite its problems, it was a good deal, less that half price.
Thanks for the help!
Rick and Teesa
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Rakes Every Homeowner Should Know
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 13 Terror-ific Yards All Decked Out for Halloween
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY