Adjusting European hinges
I took pictures to make it clearer, they're here: http://www.geocities.com/teesac1968/Unit/Unit.html
Thanks in advance,
But I notice that the base plate is installed out of alignment in your photo. This would make all other adjustments distorted, it could also be the reason a door is not able to close all the way, causing some binding first.
So the first thing to do is to have all the base plates lined up and straight. It is a shame that you have bought something as defective and poor craftsmanship as this. The manufacturer should also have included adjustment instructions. There may also be mounting/adjustment problems with the way the upright slide is mounted into the cabinet that can't be seen in the photos.
Each hinge normally has the name of a manufacturer stamped into it. You might be able to learn that name and search the wenb for a technical paper on their web site. Most now have such published to web in PDF form.
We tried mucking around with the hinges and ended up making it worse than it was... lol
I'll find out what brand the hinges are and see what I can find out. I've got Adobe, so PDF files aren't a problem. I'm not sure what to look for in the slides, but I guess I'll figure it out if I find it.
No booklets with the unit as it was an As Is and floor model. Didn't even come in its own box, was the last one. Despite its problems, it was a good deal, less that half price.
Thanks for the help!
Rick and Teesa
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!