When water is being drained from the upstairs bathtub or shower (different locations)...I can hear a drip-drip-drip sound behind the kitchen wall (seeming to get faster all the time). When asking my husband, he said it is just the water from the second floor hitting the pipe on the way down...?? Not that I don't believe him.... :-) but Bob Villa he is not. Our house is 15 years old and I don't recall this sound before. What is the easiest way to tell if this really is a leak somewhere or just water "falling".....???
Hubby may be correct. The only way to determine drain leaks is to look for water or stains at the base of the wall, discolored vinyl, wet spots or insulation under the house.
The obvious question is: does the sound come from the location of the drain pipe? Do you have a basement or a crawl space underneath? If so, can you find that particular drain pipe and listen to it at the lowest level to see if the dripping noise is inside the pipe?
Might be worth a try.
Might be worth a try.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps