When water is being drained from the upstairs bathtub or shower (different locations)...I can hear a drip-drip-drip sound behind the kitchen wall (seeming to get faster all the time). When asking my husband, he said it is just the water from the second floor hitting the pipe on the way down...?? Not that I don't believe him.... :-) but Bob Villa he is not. Our house is 15 years old and I don't recall this sound before. What is the easiest way to tell if this really is a leak somewhere or just water "falling".....???
Hubby may be correct. The only way to determine drain leaks is to look for water or stains at the base of the wall, discolored vinyl, wet spots or insulation under the house.
The obvious question is: does the sound come from the location of the drain pipe? Do you have a basement or a crawl space underneath? If so, can you find that particular drain pipe and listen to it at the lowest level to see if the dripping noise is inside the pipe?
Might be worth a try.
Might be worth a try.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY