When water is being drained from the upstairs bathtub or shower (different locations)...I can hear a drip-drip-drip sound behind the kitchen wall (seeming to get faster all the time). When asking my husband, he said it is just the water from the second floor hitting the pipe on the way down...?? Not that I don't believe him.... :-) but Bob Villa he is not. Our house is 15 years old and I don't recall this sound before. What is the easiest way to tell if this really is a leak somewhere or just water "falling".....???
Hubby may be correct. The only way to determine drain leaks is to look for water or stains at the base of the wall, discolored vinyl, wet spots or insulation under the house.
The obvious question is: does the sound come from the location of the drain pipe? Do you have a basement or a crawl space underneath? If so, can you find that particular drain pipe and listen to it at the lowest level to see if the dripping noise is inside the pipe?
Might be worth a try.
Might be worth a try.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 9 New & Familiar Ways to Add Moldings
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- 11 Kitchens That Defy Their Small Size