We bought a house four months ago and discovered that the plumbing vent pipe was not put back thru the roof after an addition was put on 3 years ago (inspector missed this!!)-- it vents into the attic. We want to remedy this ASAP, but are not sure if we should use a roofer or a plumber? We've gotten quotes from both-- who is the best person for this type of job? Any risks to the plumbing or roof while this work is being done that we should pay attention to??Thanks!!
This is a simple job a plumber you don't really need (will cost you $$) for this a good roofer or handyman can do it easly.
Roofer definitely! The most critical part of the job is making a water tight hole in your roof. A roofer will know how to do this, a plumber won‚Äôt.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING