We bought a house four months ago and discovered that the plumbing vent pipe was not put back thru the roof after an addition was put on 3 years ago (inspector missed this!!)-- it vents into the attic. We want to remedy this ASAP, but are not sure if we should use a roofer or a plumber? We've gotten quotes from both-- who is the best person for this type of job? Any risks to the plumbing or roof while this work is being done that we should pay attention to??Thanks!!
This is a simple job a plumber you don't really need (will cost you $$) for this a good roofer or handyman can do it easly.
Roofer definitely! The most critical part of the job is making a water tight hole in your roof. A roofer will know how to do this, a plumber won‚Äôt.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love