We bought a house four months ago and discovered that the plumbing vent pipe was not put back thru the roof after an addition was put on 3 years ago (inspector missed this!!)-- it vents into the attic. We want to remedy this ASAP, but are not sure if we should use a roofer or a plumber? We've gotten quotes from both-- who is the best person for this type of job? Any risks to the plumbing or roof while this work is being done that we should pay attention to??Thanks!!
This is a simple job a plumber you don't really need (will cost you $$) for this a good roofer or handyman can do it easly.
Roofer definitely! The most critical part of the job is making a water tight hole in your roof. A roofer will know how to do this, a plumber won‚Äôt.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight