We bought a house four months ago and discovered that the plumbing vent pipe was not put back thru the roof after an addition was put on 3 years ago (inspector missed this!!)-- it vents into the attic. We want to remedy this ASAP, but are not sure if we should use a roofer or a plumber? We've gotten quotes from both-- who is the best person for this type of job? Any risks to the plumbing or roof while this work is being done that we should pay attention to??Thanks!!
This is a simple job a plumber you don't really need (will cost you $$) for this a good roofer or handyman can do it easly.
Roofer definitely! The most critical part of the job is making a water tight hole in your roof. A roofer will know how to do this, a plumber won‚Äôt.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!