We are looking to install a battery backup sump pump with an alarm. The two I'm considering are the Ace in the Hole & Watchdog. Can anyone make any recomendations? I'm also looking for any comparison reports on this topic.
Both are good name brands. Instruct your installer to do a "piggyback" installation. This means your existing sump pump is on the bottom, and will be the primary pump to remove water. The battery pump is on top, and installed in tandem with a tee.In the event of a power failure, the water level would rise to operate the battery pump. Check the indicator light on the batery every month. A typical installation, with an existing pump will run from $275.00 to $ 375.00. I hope this reply has helped you some.
Forgot to mention, before you buy a BOP (battery operated pump) compare prices on ebay. They have the basement watchdogs. 1st get the retail price from your supplier, then go to www.ebay.com and look for a deal. add these factors: Final auction price. S & H charge. You may or may not be better off then to just go buy one. let me know how u make out.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!