We are looking to install a battery backup sump pump with an alarm. The two I'm considering are the Ace in the Hole & Watchdog. Can anyone make any recomendations? I'm also looking for any comparison reports on this topic.
Both are good name brands. Instruct your installer to do a "piggyback" installation. This means your existing sump pump is on the bottom, and will be the primary pump to remove water. The battery pump is on top, and installed in tandem with a tee.In the event of a power failure, the water level would rise to operate the battery pump. Check the indicator light on the batery every month. A typical installation, with an existing pump will run from $275.00 to $ 375.00. I hope this reply has helped you some.
Forgot to mention, before you buy a BOP (battery operated pump) compare prices on ebay. They have the basement watchdogs. 1st get the retail price from your supplier, then go to www.ebay.com and look for a deal. add these factors: Final auction price. S & H charge. You may or may not be better off then to just go buy one. let me know how u make out.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects