We are looking to install a battery backup sump pump with an alarm. The two I'm considering are the Ace in the Hole & Watchdog. Can anyone make any recomendations? I'm also looking for any comparison reports on this topic.
Both are good name brands. Instruct your installer to do a "piggyback" installation. This means your existing sump pump is on the bottom, and will be the primary pump to remove water. The battery pump is on top, and installed in tandem with a tee.In the event of a power failure, the water level would rise to operate the battery pump. Check the indicator light on the batery every month. A typical installation, with an existing pump will run from $275.00 to $ 375.00. I hope this reply has helped you some.
Forgot to mention, before you buy a BOP (battery operated pump) compare prices on ebay. They have the basement watchdogs. 1st get the retail price from your supplier, then go to www.ebay.com and look for a deal. add these factors: Final auction price. S & H charge. You may or may not be better off then to just go buy one. let me know how u make out.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!