This may seem like a very simple question but I need it answered to settle and arguement. Our water bill seeems to be going up and up. Our rates have not increased (we are on metered H2O). We have checked for leaks everywhere and our personal usage has not increased. What I am wondering is can a toilet that runs cause a noticable increase in water usage? There are no leaks under sinks, house, and faucets. But the toilet sweats constantly and it does run almost 27/7. Suggestions.
Toilets can use a very large amount of water. Check your meter when you have everything turned off. You should not see any motion of the dial. If the meter is at the curb, the leak could be underground and you would not even know it.
Toilet condensation is normal, and would not run up your bill. If you suspect a leaky toilet, install new flappers. A good flapper available is the KORKY flapper. It cost's around $3.00-$4.00. If you think the leak is underground, call your water utility, and ask them to "listen" for a leak at your curb stop. They will know how to do this. If you call a plumber for this service, expect to pay $65.00 to $75.00. Good Luck !
New Kit Installed by Plumber, but Toilet Sounds Like...
Toilet Bowl Water Disappearing
toilet bowl water decreases
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!