This may seem like a very simple question but I need it answered to settle and arguement. Our water bill seeems to be going up and up. Our rates have not increased (we are on metered H2O). We have checked for leaks everywhere and our personal usage has not increased. What I am wondering is can a toilet that runs cause a noticable increase in water usage? There are no leaks under sinks, house, and faucets. But the toilet sweats constantly and it does run almost 27/7. Suggestions.
Toilets can use a very large amount of water. Check your meter when you have everything turned off. You should not see any motion of the dial. If the meter is at the curb, the leak could be underground and you would not even know it.
Toilet condensation is normal, and would not run up your bill. If you suspect a leaky toilet, install new flappers. A good flapper available is the KORKY flapper. It cost's around $3.00-$4.00. If you think the leak is underground, call your water utility, and ask them to "listen" for a leak at your curb stop. They will know how to do this. If you call a plumber for this service, expect to pay $65.00 to $75.00. Good Luck !
New Kit Installed by Plumber, but Toilet Sounds Like...
Toilet Bowl Water Disappearing
toilet bowl water decreases
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes