We have a new 2-story house with septic tank. From the very beginning, the toilets clogged up, had to use plunger to clear. My wife is constantly putting chemicals into the commodes, thinking that will solve the problem, but it doesn't. At least once a week one of our three toilets is clogged up. The reason I don't think the chemicals are going to solve the problem is that, within a day after the septic tank was installed, we had our first clog...in an upstairs toilet. I know the septic tank wasn't full, so I determined that the problem must be inside the house, in the piping and connections. The plumber we used is not the brightest spoon in the drawer, we found out from others after the house was completed. Am I correct in my assessment, and can anything be done to fix it without tearing all of the plumbing out?
I'm thinking improper venting. The purpose of a vent is to allow fresh air in and gasses to escape. If you see "swirling" flushes,chances are the vents were not plumbed in right. Give me some more info to your problem, and i will try to elaborate. Tom
The 'new' 1.6 gallon toilets can be a problem. Some are excellent and some are terrible and do not clear the bowl as well as clog up. May want to look at the specific toilet you have and research the problems the type may be having.
All those chemicals your flushing through the toilets is ending in your septic killing all the valuable microbes eating away at the contents of your septic...Sounds as though either the toilets should be up-graded or perhaps they were not set on the floor correctly. I would dump some yeast product or septic product to recharge the tank. erik
Diagnosing Toilet Flush Problem...
septic tank woes
It all started with a plugged upstairs toilet.....
Toilet venting problem?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects