We have a new 2-story house with septic tank. From the very beginning, the toilets clogged up, had to use plunger to clear. My wife is constantly putting chemicals into the commodes, thinking that will solve the problem, but it doesn't. At least once a week one of our three toilets is clogged up. The reason I don't think the chemicals are going to solve the problem is that, within a day after the septic tank was installed, we had our first clog...in an upstairs toilet. I know the septic tank wasn't full, so I determined that the problem must be inside the house, in the piping and connections. The plumber we used is not the brightest spoon in the drawer, we found out from others after the house was completed. Am I correct in my assessment, and can anything be done to fix it without tearing all of the plumbing out?
I'm thinking improper venting. The purpose of a vent is to allow fresh air in and gasses to escape. If you see "swirling" flushes,chances are the vents were not plumbed in right. Give me some more info to your problem, and i will try to elaborate. Tom
The 'new' 1.6 gallon toilets can be a problem. Some are excellent and some are terrible and do not clear the bowl as well as clog up. May want to look at the specific toilet you have and research the problems the type may be having.
All those chemicals your flushing through the toilets is ending in your septic killing all the valuable microbes eating away at the contents of your septic...Sounds as though either the toilets should be up-graded or perhaps they were not set on the floor correctly. I would dump some yeast product or septic product to recharge the tank. erik
Diagnosing Toilet Flush Problem...
septic tank woes
It all started with a plugged upstairs toilet.....
Toilet venting problem?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs