when I bought my house we inherited these toilets that do not have tanks but I guess it just flushes with water straight from the pipes. The flushing is fine. The problem is that the pipes connecting to the back of one of my toilets sounds like it is running water all the time. I don't notice any leaks inside the toilet bowl or around the pipes and my ceilings are not damp or anything from this "leaking sound" from upstairs..and its been going all for over a year so any damage should've presented itself by now. It just sounds like it is leaking all the time.. is this normal for this type of toilet? Is there anything to worry about? perhaps the only problem is simply water wastage straight to the drain?
Sounds like some sort of "flushometer" toilet..most common brand is Sloan. Usually when the valve has an internal leak it shows inside the bowl just like a conventional toilet. If there is a leak elsewhere in the system it really common for the noise to transmit through the flushometer...if a single family residence check everywhere, if its a condo/apartment/ check your neighbors...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes